PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS - START YOUR JOURNEY HERE!
What is Semester at Sea?
With the world as its classroom and more than 50 years of experience, Semester at Sea integrates multiple-country study, interdisciplinary coursework and hands-on field experience for meaningful engagement in the global community.
Over a 100-day voyage on a shipboard campus, students are offered a wide variety of coursework from 20 – 25 fields of study that are integrated with relevant field classes in up to a dozen countries, allowing for an experiential, comparative education that is truly global.
Where do we sail?
Semester at Sea itineraries are carefully selected to maximize the value of a comparative global education. With multiple and varying destinations on every itinerary, students can connect the world’s peoples, patterns, cultures and traditions. On average, Semester at Sea Voyages explore up to 12 countries, across 4 continents each semester.
Spring 2017 Voyage: San Diego, CA, Hawaii, Japan, China, Việt Nam, Burma, India, Mauritius, South Africa, Ghana, Morocco
Fall 2017 Voyage: Germany, Spain , Ghana, South Africa, Mauritius, India, Burma, Việt Nam, China, Japan, Hawaii
Spring 2018 Voyage: Hawaii, United States, Japan, China, Taiwan, Việt Nam, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), India, Suez Canal, Croatia, Morocco
Fall 2018 Voyage: Germany, Spain , Ghana, South Africa, Mauritius, India, Burma, Việt Nam, China, Japan, Hawaii
Who Can Apply?
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at an accredited college/university (domestic or international)
- Students must have completed at least one full term at the post-secondary level
- Students must demonstrate at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing
- Students must have their school’s judicial affairs office complete a disciplinary clearance form at time of application
- Students must demonstrate their writing skills in a 300-500 word essay as indicated on the application