A few simple requirements
Semester at Sea requires students to meet our standards to cultivate a learning experience worthy of traveling the world. Please take a moment to look over what we are looking for in a student.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at an accredited college/university (domestic or international)
- Students must have completed at least one full term at the post-secondary level
- Students must demonstrate at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Students must be in good academic and judicial standing at time of application
- Students must demonstrate their writing skills in a 300-500 word essay as indicated on the application
Do you qualify?
Start your application.
- Are you an International Student? Click here for application steps and resources.
- Are you a Gap Year student? Click here for your admissions checklist.
- Do you wish to sail as a post-graduate student? Click here for eligibility and application information.
- Have a question about your eligibility or aren’t sure if you are elegible? Contact your Admissions Councilor.