Semester at Sea requires students to meet our standards to cultivate a learning experience worthy of traveling the world. Please take a moment to review what we are looking for in a student.
Traditional Undergraduate Student Requirements
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at an accredited college/university (domestic or international)
- Students must have completed at least one full term at the post-secondary level
- Students must demonstrate at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing
- Students must have their school’s judicial affairs office complete a Disciplinary Clearance Form at time of application
- Students must demonstrate their writing skills in a 300-500 word essay as indicated on the application
Non-Traditional Student Requirements
- International Student (currently studying at a non-U.S. institution)? Click here for application steps and resources.
- Gap Year student? Click here for eligibility requirements.
- Post-graduate student? Click here for eligibility and application information.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Semester at Sea is able to accept federal, state, or institutional aid and scholarships your student may have as part of a consortium agreement. For institutions that do not allow for the transfer of aid and scholarships, please contact your Regional Director as Colorado State University’s Student Financial Services may be able to assist your student, including assistance with veteran benefits.