News from the Helm
- Spring 2019
- 2018-19 Homecoming Voyage
- Fall 2018
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
- 2016-2017 Homecoming Voyage
- Fall 2016
- Spring 2016
- 50th Anniversary
- Fall 2012
- Fall 2013
- Fall 2014
- Fall 2015
- Short-Term 2012
- Spring 2011
- Spring 2012
- Spring 2013
- Spring 2014
- Spring 2015
- Summer 2012
- Summer 2013
- Summer 2014
Bonus Top Ten: Parent Trip
Many parents of Fall 2011 students joined the Semester at Sea parents trip and met up with their children in Hong Kong. During the trip, the parents were able to visit the Great Wall of China, take part in a Tai Chi class in Beijing, and get a sample of what the Semester at Sea experience is really like.
In the spirit of the top ten lists we’ve featured on the Voyage Blog this semester, a couple parents created their own list about the trip.
We are thankful for our students. We are thankful for their parents who support them. We are thankful for the professors who teach them. We are thankful for our staff who makes it all look so easy, even in the middle of a wide open ocean. We are thankful for the people, and the places and the spirit of the world’s citizens who greet us with open arms everywhere we go. We hope that you have much to be thankful for this holiday.
As a fun way to lead into Thanksgiving, we thought we would share the Top Ten list of favorite moments put together by parents from the Fall 2011 Parent Trip.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Top Ten Moments of The Fall 2011 SAS Parent Trip
1. Seeing our children on deck as they docked in Hong Kong
2. Meeting great families
3. Practicing with chop sticks during the Lazy Susan lunch buffets
4. Listening to Loren Crabtree’s expert perspective in Chinese history
5. Entertaining locals with our version of Tai Chi in a Beijing park
6. Combined Asian and Western breakfast buffets
7. SAS students practicing their newly acquired bargaining skills
8. Taking hundreds of pictures on the Great Wall
9. Having our luggage, room check in and boarding passes handled by our guides
10. Champagne toasts to SAS, Destination Asia, Loren, Monica, Shelley and Dean, and new friends