be_ixf;ym_202209 d_28; ct_50

ISE Announces Exciting Changes to 2013 Voyage Itineraries

Communications Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012

ISE Announces Exciting Changes to 2013 Voyage Itineraries

Semester at Sea to Return to Burma in Spring 2013

After careful assessment, the Institute for Shipboard Education has added the port of Rangoon, Burma (Myanmar) to the Spring 2013 voyage itinerary, replacing Penang, Malaysia. This will be the first call on Burma since 2006, when Semester at Sea discontinued visiting the country due to political and human rights issues. In recent months, the United States has fully restored diplomatic relations, taken steps to re-establish a USAID Mission in country, and eased financial and investment sanctions. Given these advances, Semester at Sea will once again call on this fascinating and remarkable country. The Spring 2013 itinerary can be viewed at www.semesteratsea.org/voyages/spring-2013/.

Summer and Fall 2013 Voyages Feature New Destinations and Longer Port Stays

The Summer 2013 voyage, now departing from and returning to the same port of Southampton (London), England, has been extended in duration by five days and includes several new incredible ports of call including, Marseilles, France; Tunis, Tunisia; and Livorno, Italy (the gateway to Florence). For itinerary details, visit http://www.semesteratsea.org/voyages/summer-2013/.

Palais de Longchamp, Marseilles, France

Fall 2013, which will mark Semester at Sea’s 50th anniversary, features three amazing new ports, including St. Petersburg, Russia; Hamburg, Germany; and LeHavre, France. Additionally, the voyage has been extended by four days, allowing for a more balanced academic schedule and extended time in port. For more information about this historic voyage, visit http://www.semesteratsea.org/voyages/fall-2013/.

Skyline of St. Petersburg, Russia

1. Naeem kakar
    August 16, 2012 at 3:18 am

I am from Pakistan . I am student of computer science and my seventh semester is continue.what is procedure of this and how can i apply .Pleese help me in this regards.
    Thanks.

2. ali naqvi
    August 18, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I am from Pakistan . I am student of Bachelor of business administration and my seventh semester is continue.what is procedure of this and how can i apply .Pleese help me in this regards.
    Thanks.

3. Do Thien Giang
    August 21, 2012 at 9:31 am

I’m from Vietnam, 19 years old and i’m just in the 3rd semester in university. I’m major of teaching english. Could i apply for this program and how can i do it?
    thanks.

4. Syed Najeeb Ullah
    September 12, 2012 at 3:59 am

i m student of MS( research studies) first samister can i continue my studies in US.

5. Andrew Centofante
    September 12, 2012 at 11:45 am

Hello Syed,
    We accept international students from all over the world. Check out this link for more information: http://www.semesteratsea.org/admission-aid/prospective/international-students/

6. Nargiza
    October 16, 2012 at 2:36 pm

How can we apply

7. Allison Jones
    October 24, 2012 at 1:10 pm

When is the application deadline for Summer 2013?

8. Johnnie Willard III
    January 6, 2013 at 8:54 am

I am eagerly wanting to participate in the 2013 Semester At Sea Program. I am currently a student at DeVry University and looking forward to making contact with a representative.

9. Andrew Centofante
    January 8, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Hi Johnnie,

Please email info [at] semesteratsea.org or call 1.800.854.0195 to get connected with an admissions advisor.