News from the Helm
- Company News
- Voyage Updates
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Life on Land
- Life at Sea
- Health & Safety
- Student Life
- Spring 2023
- Fall 2022
- Spring 2022
- 2021-2022 Homecoming Voyage
- Fall 2019
- Spring 2020
- Spring 2019
- 2018-19 Homecoming Voyage
- Fall 2018
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
- 2016-2017 Homecoming Voyage
- Fall 2016
- Spring 2016
- 50th Anniversary
- Fall 2012
- Fall 2013
- Fall 2014
- Fall 2015
- Short-Term 2012
- Spring 2011
- Spring 2012
- Spring 2013
- Spring 2014
- Spring 2015
- Summer 2012
- Summer 2013
- Summer 2014
You know you’ve sailed on SAS when…
You know you’ve sailed on Semester at Sea when…
1. Channel 1 is your favorite channel on the loop.
Whether you want to know where the ship is, you want to see how many nautical miles you’ve sailed, or want to jam out to an eclectic play list, Channel 1 has it all.
2. Lifeboat Drills force you to locate your life jacket.
Not your average fire drill.
3. The Green Sheet is your lifesaver.
Forgot where the ship is docked? Check the green sheet.
4. You get so much schoolwork done on an in-port academic day.
When the port town is so close, but so far away.
5. You don’t know the days of the week, but you know it’s an A or B Day
Classes on Saturday morning? Only on Semester at Sea.
6. On- Ship Time is a race against the clock.
Being back to the ship after port early is always better than being late.
7. The Dean’s Memo is your go-to.
You’ve read it four times, but still forgot where the evening seminar is.
8. Dock Time scares you.
You probably missed on-ship time.
9. You kissed a fish on Neptune Day.
Sailing on Semester at Sea isn’t complete without a few maritime traditions.
10. You choose between dining in Berlin v. Lido Restaurant (or Garden Lounge v. Main Dining on the MV Explorer)
You eat in one, but not the other.
11. A floating university is your Port 1.
Whether it’s the friends you make, professors you value, or memories you cherish, home will always be where the waves are.