News from the Helm
- Health & Safety
- Student Life
- Fall 2019
- Spring 2020
- Spring 2019
- 2018-19 Homecoming Voyage
- Fall 2018
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
- 2016-2017 Homecoming Voyage
- Fall 2016
- Spring 2016
- 50th Anniversary
- Fall 2012
- Fall 2013
- Fall 2014
- Fall 2015
- Short-Term 2012
- Spring 2011
- Spring 2012
- Spring 2013
- Spring 2014
- Spring 2015
- Summer 2012
- Summer 2013
- Summer 2014
Fall 2017 Voyage: By the Numbers
A Few More Facts About the 123rd Voyage of Semester at Sea:
Total Student Enrollment: 558
Gender: 417 Female Voyagers and 141 Male Voyagers.
Age: Ranging from 17 to 27-years-old, with a median age of 21-years-old.
United States and International Representation: 9/10 students are from the U.S. The institutions with the most representation are:
- California (122 students)
- Colorado (48 students)
- Massachusetts (23 students)
- New Jersey (21 students)
- New York and Florida (Tied, 19 students)
There are 60 students who are not U.S. passport holders, hailing from 33 different countries around the world.
Home Institutions: There are 250 different universities represented on the voyage. The institutions with the most representation are:
- University of San Diego (49 students)
- Colorado State University (40 students)
- Elon University (29 students)
- University of Oregon (18 students)
- University of Colorado-Boulder (13 students)
Ethnic Diversity: Approximately one-third of students report their ethnicity as Non-White.
- 356 Students report they are White.
- 59 Students report they are Hispanic or Latino.
- 43 Students report they are Asian.
- 37 Students report they are Multiracial.
- 30 Students report they are Black or African-American.
- 4 Students report they are Native American/Alaskan Native.
- 1 Student reports he/she is Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
- 28 Students did not report their ethnicity.
Academic Majors: The 15 most represented majors include:
- Business and related majors: 166
- Communications and related majors: 79
- Political Science and International/Global Studies: 50
- Psychology and related majors: 40
- Medicine and Health Sciences: 36
- Biological Sciences and related majors: 34
- Undecided/Undeclared: 34
- Sociology an related majors: 30
- Education: 13
- Earth and Space Sciences: 13
- Engineering and Technology: 12
- Economics: 10
- English: 6
- Interdisciplinary Studies: 6
- History: 4
Welcome Fall 2017 Voyagers to the journey of a lifetime!