Admissions Requirements for your Students
Semester at Sea requires college students to meet our standards to cultivate a learning experience worthy of traveling the world. We welcome students of any sex, gender identity, race, disability status, veteran status, nationality, or ethnicity, to apply for admission. Please take a moment to review what we are looking for in a college student.
Traditional Undergraduate Student Requirements
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at an accredited 2- or 4-year college/university (domestic or international).
- Students must have completed at least 12 credits at the post-secondary level.
- Students must demonstrate a 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing. In some cases additional evidence of academic support may be requested to review an application holistically, such as an academic explanation and an Academic Action Plan.
- Students may not be on disciplinary probation at time of embarkation.
- Student essay is optional.
- An unofficial copy of university transcripts from current or most recent college or university is required.
- Students must have their school’s judicial affairs office complete a disciplinary clearance form post admission.
Non-Traditional Student Requirements
- International student requirements (currently studying at a non-U.S. institution)
- Gap Year student requirements
- Post-graduate student requirements
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Semester at Sea is able to accept federal, state, or institutional aid and scholarships your student may have as part of a consortium agreement. For institutions that do not allow for the transfer of aid and scholarships, please contact your Regional Director as Colorado State University’s Student Financial Services may be able to assist your student, including assistance with veteran benefits.