Effective marketing centers on understanding and satisfying customers’ needs and wants. In this course, concepts, theories, and frameworks will be used to understand buyer behavior and in turn formulate effective marketing strategies and tactics. While this course should help students better understand themselves as consumers, its primary objective is to provide students with a set of approaches, frameworks, and concepts that should be considered in marketing decision making. In addition, the course illuminates some of the positive and negative effects of business, and more specifically marketing, on consumers and society. The course will have as its objectives to:
- Critical and Analytical Thinking. Students will understand the usefulness of buyer behavior theories. In addition, students will learn to use theories to explain buyer behavior and marketing practices.
- Problem Solving Skills. Students will be able to apply the buyer behavior concepts, theories, and frameworks they have learned.
- Customer Focus. Students will gain experience in, and develop an appreciation for, adopting a customer focus.
- Sensitivity toward the Effects of Marketing. Students will gain an improved understanding of both the positive and negative impacts of marketing efforts on consumers.
- Teamwork Skills. Several class activities will be completed in teams, and as such, students will hone their teamwork (and associated communications) skills.
- Learn the importance of understanding the differences in the behavior of consumers across cultures for developing successful international business strategies.
- All of the above objectives will be accomplished by comparing the cultural differences that influence the behavior of consumers of several of the countries been visited in this voyage.
Field WorkCountry: India
Date: February 28, 2019
The goal of the field class is to verify the application of the concepts learned in class in the markets visited in the field lab. For this purpose, the field portion of the course will focus on ‘How do local consumers behave (where and what do they buy).’ In Cochin, India, students will have the opportunity to visit local markets and meet with local consumer behavior experts to get a better understand of the behavior of local consumers.
1. Gain an understanding of local consumer behavior;
2. See where and what locals shop;
3. Examine local advertising, promotion, and advertising first hand;
4. Assess the differences/similarities between the behavior of local and North American consumers.