This course provides an overview of all the marketing activities involved in providing business customers and consumers with goods and services. More specifically, this course: (1) provides students with an understanding of marketing concepts; (2) applies learned marketing concepts to real world situations; and (3) examines the modification of marketing strategy within a global context.
- Understand and comfortably use basic marketing terminology.
- Understand and describe the key elements of the market environment: customers, competitors, company, and the external environment (economic, technological, political/legal, and cultural/social).
- Understand how marketing managers segment markets, choose target markets, and choose a desired positioning.
- Describe the elements of the marketing mix (Product, Place, Promotion and Price).
- Drawing on an analysis of the market environment, develop a coherent marketing strategy that addresses the specific needs of a chosen target market.
- Understand how marketing strategies are executed in different countries.
- Understand ethical and technological issues in marketing.
Field WorkCountry: Morocco
Day: 1 - Monday, 10 October