Join us aboard the MV World Odyssey for our Winter 2018 Site Visit Program. Participating in a Semester at Sea site visit is a great opportunity for study abroad representatives to tour our campus, meet current voyage faculty and staff, observe classes and shipboard life, participate in field programming and assist with the embarkation/disembarkation processes.
Spring 2018 Site Visits
Start the new year by joining us in San Diego, CA to help the Spring 2018 voyage set sail! Site visitors have two options to choose from:
- January 2-5, 2018: Join Semester at Sea faculty and staff in San Diego, CA and participate as an active member of orientation. Tour the MV World Odyssey and learn about health & safety, in-country programming, academics and teaching at sea, student life at sea, diversity and inclusion, and more. Stay onboard in private accommodation and sail overnight to Ensenada, Mexico to assist with the embarkation of the Spring 2018 students. Return to San Diego, CA via provided shuttle transportation. Overnight in San Diego.
- January 2-12, 2018: In addition to above, participants can have the opportunity to sail with the ship to its first port-of-call, Honolulu, HI. Participants will be able to participate in student orientation, sit in on classes, participate in community events, and have the option to attend a Semester at Sea Field Program in Honolulu.
Please note: There is limited cabin space available for the sail to Honolulu. Requests to sail will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants will be asked to share accommodations on a double-basis with another site visit participant.
Click here for detailed Site Visit information.
Before you register…
- All representatives of a group/institution must register individually for this event.
- The site visit program is only open to study abroad professionals. Significant others and/or family members are not permitted to attend.
- If you are unable to participate in a full site visit but you would still like to visit our campus, we also have Open Ship events specifically for study abroad advisors in San Diego, CA and Honolulu, HI.
- If you have prospective voyagers interested in visiting our campus, there will be separate prospective voyager Open Ship events in San Diego, CA and Honolulu, HI.
***Registration Deadline: Monday, December 11, 2017.
Due to Port and Security regulations on-site registration WILL NOT be available.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.