- PHIL 366: Philosophy of Aging
- D 110: Understanding Dance
- AM 250: Clothing, Adornment and Human Behavior
Drive to Ada, a community known for its fascinating fishing experience. Enjoy a cruise on the Volta Lake in a colorful hand carved fishing boat to Maranatha Beach Camp. Upon arriving, continue to the Volta Lake estuary. This lake was created in 1965 as a result of the Akosombo Dam which provides the country with electricity. View the beautiful scenery along the 2 to 3 hour Volta Lake cruise. Afterwards, learn how to play several local Ghanaian games like Oware. After dinner, enjoy a bonfire with a cultural dance performance by the locals. Step out of your comfort zone and join the friendly dances to learn some cultural moves and drumming. After, retire for the night.
The next morning, wake up early to watch the majestic sunrise. After breakfast, take a boat ride to the mangroves, Crocodile Island, and Ram Island, where you can observe how local alcohol is brewed. Then, depart back to the port of Tema, reminiscing upon the wonderful experience.
- Transfer to Ada Foah
- Cruise on Volta Lake
- Visit Volta Lake estuary
- Learn how to play local Ghanaian games
- Beach bonfire with dance performance
- Wake up early to watch a beautiful sunrise
- Breakfast at hotel
- Visit to mangroves, Crocodile Island, and Ram Island
- Transfer back to the ship
- Lunch x 2