- NRRT-270-83313 Principles of Natural Resource Tourism
- SOC-205-83352 Contemporary Race-Ethnic Relations
- POLS-232-81219 International Relations
First stop is all about culture and history at Entoland Dalmati. Be welcomed into the village and listen to Dalmatians tell stories of their ancestors and history, and see and learn about Dalmatian customs and tradition. See Dalmatian stone houses, traditional tools, and utensils, learn how households were run. This unique combination of culture, tradition, and history serves as a cultural monument of sorts dedicated to the heritage of the Dalmatian hinterland.
The next highlight is Plitvice Lakes National Park, a 295 squ-km forest reserve in central Croatia known for a chain of 16 terraced lakes, waterfalls, and tons of hiking trails. If this site is unfamiliar to you, stop now and google it! You won’t be disappointed. With its exceptional natural beauty, this area has always attracted nature lovers, and already on 8 April 1949, it was proclaimed Croatia’s first national park. After exploring the park, travel to Split.
Familiarize yourself with Split, Croatia’s second largest city. The Mestrovic Gallery, an art museum dedicated to the work of the 20th-century sculptor Ivan Mestrovic, is one of the key highlights of the visit. The gallery preserves and presents to the public the most significant works of Meštrović, and is in itself an art monument.
Final stop is Ston, a city in the far south of the Pelješac peninsula most well known for its well-preserved city walls, salt production, and OYSTER farming! Before returning to Dubrovnik, visit some of Ston’s oyster farms and learn how they are cultivated, and of course, sample away!
- Departure from Dubrovnik to Dalmati (~5 hours)
- Arrive Dalmati, lunch
- Visit of Dalmati, experience tradition
- Departure for Plitvice (~2 hours)
- Arrive Plitvice, dinner at hotel. Overnight
- Class with representative of Pltivice National park
- Visit of the park with local guide
- Lunch in Plitvice
- Travel to Split (~ 3 hours)
- Arrival in Split
- Dinner at local restaurant, Overnight
- Split city tour with local guide
- Visit of Ivan Mestrovic Gallery with curator
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Departure for Ston (~2 hours)
- Arrive Ston and visit of oyster farms, learn how to grow the oysters, boat ride
- Return to Dubrovnik
- Day 1: lunch, dinner
- Day 2: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Day 3: breakfast, lunch
- PASSPORT REQUIRED FOR BORDER CROSSING IN NEUM
- This program covers a lot of ground! That means a lot of time on the bus! Be warned!