(This program is similar to the Treasures of Central Poland (2 night) program, but a day shorter.)
Head to Poland’s vibrant capital city, Warsaw! Upon arrival, see the highest and most recognized symbol of the city – the “Gift of the Soviet People to the Polish Nation’. Next visit the Palace of Culture and Science to admire the spectacular city view from the 30th-floor viewing platform. After lunch, continue with an exploration of Warsaw’s Old Town and its colorful market square. Drive along the Royal Route lined with palaces, historical churches and famous statues– including the Royal Castle, the symbol of the city – Warsaw’s mermaid, St. John Cathedral, and the Holy Cross church. Dive deeper into the unique heritage of the city by exploring Jewish cultural sites including the remnants of Ghetto wall, Nozyki Synagogue and former Jewish Street. Finish up the day in Warsaw with a soul inspiring piano recital of the music of Frederic Chopin, the best known Polish romantic piano composer.
The following morning, leave the hustle and bustle of the metropolis for the Polish countryside. Visit the capital of Polish folklore, Lowicz, where voyagers will try their hands at creating traditional rooster cutouts. In the afternoon, enjoy a delicious home-hosted lunch with a local family in the spectacular scenery of an ancient castle. Afterwards, continue through scenic landscapes full of willow trees back to Gdansk.
- Travel to Warsaw (~5hrs) (early departure)
- Warsaw sightseeing (highest symbol in the city, Palace of Culture and Science)
- More Warsaw sightseeing (Old Town, Royal Route, St. John Cathedral, Holy Cross church, and Jewish heritage sites)
- Chopin piano recital
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel
- Travel to Lowicz (~1.5hrs)
- Folkloric cutouts workshop
- Home-hosted lunch
- Travel back to Gdansk (~4.5hrs)
***Times and activities are tentative and subject to change. Please be flexible.***
Day 1: lunch, dinner
Day 2: lunch
- Participants aged 13 years old and up.