be_ixf;ym_202212 d_08; ct_50
Financial Aid

Federal Aid & Loan Options

Federal Aid & Additional Funding

Federal Financial Aid

Any student who is a U.S. citizen is eligible to apply for federal Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, and PLUS Loans. Funds from these sources can possibly be used for study abroad programs.

Many home institutions will process federal financial aid on behalf of their students and forward the funds to our program based on an understanding called a “consortium agreement.” Inquire with your home school about federal aid before applying through Semester at Sea.

Complete the Application

Students applying for federal financial aid are required to complete the online application form. Please click the link below to get started.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).

If the home school is unable to process the federal aid, occasionally the aid is able to be processed by Colorado State University (if your school and Colorado State University have signed a consortium agreement).  The FAFSA code for Colorado State University is 001350. Contact the Semester at Sea Financial Aid Office for more information.

Federal Loan Options

Semester at Sea offers an experience that promises to profoundly benefit participants on many levels. Just like with other items and experiences of value, loans can be useful in helping to assemble the funding necessary to make Semester at Sea a reality. Swipe below to explore some of the loans that may or may not be part of your financial aid award at your home school.

We encourage students to be active self-advocates with their school officials, meeting with their school’s study abroad office and financial aid office. We are also happy to help provide information and direction on matters of financial aid, so please contact us by email or at 1-800-854-0195.