Ways to Share, Advocate, and Recruit
Research shows that alumni are the best recruiters and spokespeople for Semester at Sea. Sharing your Semester at Sea experience with prospective, students, Lifelong Learners, faculty, and staff allow us to help grow our Semester at Sea community around the world! To our alumni, we say thank you for your sharing your time, talents and expertise in support of Semester at Sea!
Tell your Story Online
Email & Blogs
- Put SAS in your email signature, such as “I sailed around the world with Semester at Sea – ask me how!”
- Follow our official News from the Helm Blog
- Link to SAS content from your blog
- Contribute to Study Abroad Ratings & Review Sites
- Share your comments, ratings, and reviews about your Semester at Sea experience for others to see
Be an Advocate for Semester at Sea
- Tell prospective students, faculty, and staffs about your SAS experience and encourage them to apply for an upcoming voyage
- Invite your family and neighbors to sail as Lifelong Learners
- Tell your story at group meetings or events
- Speak to student groups on campus and encourage prospective students to apply
- Speak at your place of worship or at organizations such as Rotary, Lions Club, Junior League, etc. and encourage prospective Lifelong Learners to sail
To refer a friend, fill out the Alumni Referral Form.