The Semester at Sea Global Journalism & Integrated Communications Fellowship is an opportunity for students to hone their reporting, digital storytelling, and critical thinking skills over the course of a Semester at Sea voyage. Students will develop content for the Semester at Sea official blog, News from the Helm, throughout their voyage. Selected fellows will work closely with the shipboard and home office communications team to collect media and write articles regarding their voyage experiences. Students currently pursuing a degree in journalism, communications, English, or similar are strongly encouraged to apply. Selected fellows will receive a $3,500 grant towards their SAS program fees.
During the voyage, selected fellows will have the following requirements:
- Write a total of five (5) articles during your voyage:
- Write one (1) article highlighting the shipboard experience
- Write one (1) profile of a member of the shipboard community
- Write one (1) article highlighting an in-country experience or interaction
- Write two (2) articles with the subject of your choice
- All articles must include at least two (2) pictures or short videos taken during your voyage which are related to the subject of the article. Articles should be a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 500 words.
Please note: Articles are not guaranteed to be published. ISE reserves the right to edit or alter submissions prior to publication.
Student must meet all Semester at Sea admission requirements and be officially admitted to our program prior to being considered for the fellowship. After admission, in order to be considered for the Global Journalism & Integrated Communication