Semester at Sea is proud to announce a new scholarship available for students attending a Minority Serving Institution. Apply today for one of four $5,000 scholarships offered each fall and spring towards your study abroad program with Semester at Sea. Funds will be applied towards your voyage program fees and may only be applied towards Semester at Sea programs.
Preference will be given to students who identify with underrepresented backgrounds. List of eligible Minority Serving Institutions.
Recipients will be expected to lead and foster inclusive practices and events within the shipboard community. Selected scholars will be required to post on social media 5 times during their voyage (public Instagram account required) and choose two tasks from the below menu to complete during their voyage.
- Collaborate on Community Programming with Residential Director for Diversity and Inclusion (examples: SEACards, student panels, privilege walk, movie screenings, etc)
- Welcome and mentor Interport students
- Lead an affinity group throughout the voyage (examples: Gay Straight Alliance, Black Student Union, Muslim Student Association etc)
- Social media feature/takeover on Instagram, Snapchat or other platform. (Selection for these opportunities are at the discretion of the Communications team on board.)
- Participate in the Vicarious Voyage Program throughout the voyage
- Two Written Reflection articles, one pre- and one post-voyage. 500 words each.