- Are the rates listed per person or per cabin?
The rates listed are per person, based on either single or double occupancy.
- About the triples: does this mean the first two people pay the full fare and the third pays $275? Or do all three pay $275 each?
Two people in the cabin pay the full double occupancy fare; the third person pays $275. Please arrange amongst yourselves any financial adjustments.
- Are kids welcome on the Homecoming Voyage?
Yes, kids over the age of two are invited on the voyage. Children are welcome to join all activities on the ship under supervision of their parents. Additionally, there will be children’s movies daily at sea.
- How much do children cost?
Dependents under 18 years of age sharing a cabin with at least one adult passenger will not be charged. The adult passenger(s) will be charged the full cabin rate. Children may stay in their own cabin if they are over the age of 10, but will be charged the standard cabin rates.
- May I invite family members, friends, and significant others who are not SAS alumni?
Yes, all Semester at Sea alumni and friends are welcome.
- How will I be assigned a cabin?
Please select your cabin type preference on the registration form, including the deck number and capacity. All cabins will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If I am traveling alone, will ISE put me in a room with someone else traveling alone?
ISE will not match random roommates. All passengers traveling alone will pay the single room rate for their desired cabin category.
- Is there a discount for groups?
Unfortunately there are no group discounts available.
- Does everyone need a passport?
Yes, all passengers, including children, are required to have a valid passport. A passport card will not suffice. All passports must be valid through at least April 1, 2017.
- Are meals included in the registration rate?
Yes. Meals, taxes, and passage fare are included. Alcoholic beverages, food from the snack bars, crew gratuities and in-country program fees are not included and will be charged to your shipboard account.
- What should I do if I have special needs?
There is a place on the registration form to list any special needs you may have. Traveling on a ship can pose many challenges for those individuals with physical impairments, including moving and uneven surfaces and steep gangway steps or special dietary needs. Semester at Sea remains committed to providing travel, work and study opportunities for everyone. We will evaluate each situation individually and make every possible effort to accommodate the special needs of each participant.
- I need to change some of my registration information for me and/or my guest. How can I do that?
You can make changes to your registration by calling 800.854.0195 or by emailing email@example.com.
- When will my credit card be charged for the voyage?
Passage fare will not be charged or collected until Monday, January 2, 2017 – one day after the voyage returns to San Diego, California. The credit card you provide to the ship at the beginning of the voyage for on-board purchases will be used to pay for your passage fare (not necessarily the one you submitted to reserve your cabin). The credit card you register with would only be charged in the case of a cancellation after November 30.
- What if I need to cancel?
There is no penalty if you cancel by November 30. Cancellations made between December 1 and December 15 will incur a 50% charge. Cancellations made after December 16 will incur a 100% charge.
- Will there be Wifi on the ship?
Wifi will not be available on the Homecoming Voyage. There will be a limited number of computers available in the computer lab for guests to use.
- What about outlets on the MV World Odyssey?
All outlets on the MV World Odyssey are European (220v). You must bring an adaptor/converter if you want to plug in your electronic devices while on the ship.
- What is the attire for the Homecoming Voyage?
Casual dress is appropriate while on-board, with cocktail or dressy attire for the New Year’s Eve Celebration. Consider bringing comfortable walking shoes, a sweater or jacket (as the air conditioning on board can be chilly) and a swim suit for on the ship or in port.
- What time can I board the MV World Odyssey for the Reunion Voyage?
Boarding will be from 1 – 4 p.m. on Wednesday, December 28, 2016, in San Diego, California.
- What do I do with my luggage when I get to the ship?
You will be given a luggage tag with your name and cabin assignment listed. Our ship staff will take you bags to your stateroom.
- I'm coming with my spouse or partner - is it possible to push the single beds together?
Unfortunately not. Most double and triple cabins are set up for the student voyagers and beds cannot be pushed together. Unlike the MV Explorer, they are bolted to the ground so please don’t even try.
- How do I find out about Field or In-Country Programs during our day in Ensenada?
Information about In-Country Programs are posted to our website under the menu item “In-Country Programs” for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is there anything I cannot bring onto the ship?
No alcohol is permitted to be carried on-board the ship. Please review the prohibited items list online for more information.