Boarding will take place from 14:00-17:00 on Tuesday, December 28, 2021, at the Porto di Napoli (Stazione Marittima cruise terminal). All passengers will be administered a covid test prior to boarding.
If you wish to board the ship on Monday, December 27, you may do so for an additional $200 per cabin. Boarding and testing will take place from 15:00-17:00 and you will see the option to register for early boarding on the reservation form. If you did not select this option with your original voyage registration, please email Homecoming@isevoyages.org.
Following the Homecoming Voyage, the ship will return to Naples at 8:00 on Sunday, January 2, 2022.
Upon disembarkation on January 2, all passengers returning to the United States will be required to take a PCR test. Semester at Sea will provide a list of PCR testing facilities in Naples at the registration desk so you can make arrangements. For the most up to date guidelines for U.S. passport holders traveling back to the United States, visit the State Department website.
Getting to Naples
You are welcome to book your flights to Naples. The nearest airport to the port location is the Naples International Airport (NAP), located at Viale F. Ruffo di Calabria, 80144 Napoli NA, Italy.
Tips for booking flights:
- Book a refundable or changeable ticket. The more flexible your booking, the better.
- Minimize the number of layovers to reduce the risk of travel delays.
- If you plan to arrive into Naples on December 27, you may move into your cabin that afternoon for $200. If you plan to arrive into Naples on December 28, consider an early morning arrival to avoid missing the ship’s departure, in case of flight delays.
- Understand the Italian entry requirements for your nationality and be mindful of your connecting stops as entry requirements may apply (Example: Flying from the UK to Italy will result in a multi-day quarantine regardless of vaccination status). Use this interactive website to learn more about Italian entry requirements.
Transportation from Naples Airport to the MV World Odyssey
The port of Naples is called Porto di Napoli, and the cruise terminal is called Stazione Marittima. It is located approximately five miles from the Naples Airport (NAP) and the address is Piazzale Stazione Marittima, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy. Here are some transportation options from the NAP airport:
- By taxi, approximately 10 minutes (depending on traffic) and approximately $18-23 USD. The taxi lane is located in front of arrivals.
- By town car, approximately $35-70 USD.
- By bus, expect about 30-40 minutes in travel time. The Alibus line from Naples Airport stops at Piazza Garibaldi (Central Station) – Immacolatella / Porta di Massa (inside the Port) and Molo Angioino / Beverello (Terminal Stazione Maritima). You can purchase your ticket in advance for five or six Euros.
- Rideshares, such as Uber and Lyft, are not permitted in Italy.
There is parking very near the port if you have rented a car. We recommend researching options ahead of time if you plan to park at the port.