Situated between the magnificent Outeniqua Mountains and unspoiled beaches of the Indian ocean, in the heart of the Garden Route, the Botlierskop Private Game Reserve ensures its visitors of a unique South African Safari experience. With only a 5-hour scenic drive from Cape Town, this malaria free, family owned and privately operated garden route game lodge is home to an abundance of animal and birdlife including 4 of the Big 5. At our Garden Route Game Reserve you can enjoy a large variety of activities including Game Viewing, Spa Treatments, Elephant Back Rides and Horseback Safaris. Botlierskop also offer unique Luxury Tented Accommodation.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Depart Cape Town harbour and take a scenic overland drive to Botlierskop Private Game Reserve including a restroom stop
- Upon arrival at Botlierskop, enjoy lunch followed by check-in formalities
- Afternoon open vehicle game drive with qualified field guides
- Dinner & overnight
Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Embark on your 4×4 open vehicle game drive in search of the animals, accompanied by an experienced game ranger. A real Garden Route Safari experience! Enjoy close encounters with Rhinoceros, Lions (100ha enclosure), Buffalo, Giraffe, the rare Black Impala, Golden Wildebeest, Mountain Zebra, Hippos and more! The Reserve is 3500ha and comprises of over 26 different species of animals and more than 200 bird species.
- Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast served at Main Lodge
- Free time to enjoy optional spa treatments, time around the pool, or additional activities
- Lunch served at the lodge
- Afternoon Game Drive
- Leisurely time to freshen up prior to dinner
- Dinner is served at Main Lodge
Friday, March 24, 2017
- Enjoy your final morning game drive
- Breakfast at the lodge
- Gather belongings and complete check-out formalities
- Return transfer to Cape Town, including a restroom stop en route (picnic lunch boxes included)
- Arrival back in Cape Town
All meals are included.
➢ Temperatures reach approximately 21°C (70°F) during the day and cooler temperatures in the evening
➢ It is advisable to bring warm clothes along for the drive even in the hot summer months. Please remember closed shoes when doing a bush walk or horseback safari. Your game ranger will provide ponchos and warm blankets and has a bird book and binoculars. Remember to bring your camera and video camera with you
➢ Packing Suggestions: sun block, sunhat, sunglasses, beach towel, comfortable (closed-toe) walking shoes, windbreaker, swimsuits, comfortable light-weight clothing and possibly sweater and light-weight long pants for the evenings.
➢ It could be difficult for some guests with walking difficulties to get in and out of the game vehicles.
➢ Please note that the game drive vehicles traverse over uneven terrain and that the game-drives can be “bumpy”. This tour is therefore not recommended for guests with back problems.
➢ Guests are not permitted to use cellular phones on or during the game drives. They are also not permitted to speak loudly or stand up on the game drive vehicles, as this will disturb the animals.
➢ Smoking is not permitted during the game-drives
➢ For safety reasons, no children under the age of 6 years allowed on the open vehicles
➢ Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed