Fairly Glen is tucked away at the foot of the World famous Brandwacht Mountains. In a rustic area near Cape Town, this African Big 5 Game Reserve surrounded by proteas and fynbos vegetation not only offers Game Drives and Bush Safari’s, but is also home to a African Khoisan Bushmen Rock Art heritage site dating back some 6000 years. The name Fairy Glen originates from a very large dragonfly which was found from time to time in their natural habitat in the valley mountain streams, known as Fairy Glen.
Start off by traveling the two hours to Fairy Glen. Upon arrival enjoy a buffet lunch before embarking on a 4×4 open vehicle game drive with an experienced game ranger. Fairy Glen Private Game Reserve is home to buffalo, lion, rhino, and elephant as well as species like blue wildebeest, eland, the endangered bontebok, zebras, oryx and other smaller buck species. It also hosts a variety of bird like the endangered Black Eagle better known as the Aquila. Although Fairy Glen has the Big 5 – the Mountain Leopards roam free in the mountains at Fairy Glen, and are rare to see, as they mostly hunt at night.
Enjoy some time on your own in the afternoon to explore the curio shop, relax around the pool or take a nature walk. Dinner will be served served at the lodge.
The following morning, have some breakfast at the lodge before setting out on another two to three hour game drive in search of wildlife.
“Great way to see lots of animals, access to a nice hike, and beautiful surroundings” – Maria E. Spring 2018 Staff Voyager
- Travel to Fairy Glen Game Reserve (~2hrs drive)
- Buffet lunch
- Afternoon game drive (~2hrs)
- Afternoon to explore on your won
- Overnight at the lodge
- Morning game drive (~2-3hrs)
- Travel back to Cape Town (~2hrs drive) (including a refreshment stop – purchases at own expense)
*Itineraries are tentative and subject to changes; please be flexible.
Day 1: lunch, dinner
Day 2: breakfast
- Children between the ages of 6-12 are permitted on the game drives at the sole discretion of the ranger. No children under 6 allowed on the game drives.
- Comfortable clothing, walking shoes, sun hat, sun glasses & sunblock are recommended.
- It is advisable to bring warm clothes along for the drive even in the hot summer months.
- Please note that the game drive is very bumpy. Participants should evaluate their own mobility needs.
- Lions, elephants & buffalo are in a separate enclosed area
- Game sightings are NOT guaranteed