- TH-141-81189 Introduction to Theatre (Section 1)
Fairly Glen is tucked away at the foot of the World famous Brandwacht Mountains in a peaceful rustic environment near Cape Town this African Big 5 Game Reserve surrounded by proteas and fynbos vegetation not only offers Game Drives and Bush Safari’s but is also home to a African Khoisan Bushmen Rock Art heritage site dating back some 6000 years.
The name Fairy Glen originates from a very large dragonfly which was found from time to time in their natural habitat in the valley mountain streams, known as Fairy Glen
“Great way to see lots of animals, access to a nice hike, and beautiful surroundings” – Maria E. Spring 2018 Staff Voyager
- Depart the quayside and transfer by road along the National N2 Road and via Worcester to Fairy Glen Game Reserve.
- Upon arrival at Fairy Glen, enjoy an African buffet lunch followed by check-in formalities.
- Embark on a 4×4 open vehicle game drive with an experienced game ranger. Fairy Glen Private Game Reserve is home to buffalo, lion, rhino, elephant as well as species like blue wildebeest, eland, the endangered bontebok, zebras, oryx and other smaller buck species including klipspringer, nyala, rhebok, steenbok and a big variety of African bird species like the endangered Black Eagle better known as the Aquila.
- Enjoy free time exploring the curio shop or relaxing around the pool. Alternatively embark on an optional nature walk.
- Dinner is served at the lodge.
- Breakfast is served.
- Embark on a morning 2-3 hour game drive and continue your search of wildlife.
- Return to your lodge, gather your belongings and complete check-out formalities.
- Return transfer to Cape Town including a refreshment stop (own expense)
- Day 1: lunch, dinner
- Day 2: breakfast
- Temperatures reach approximately 21°C (70°F) during the day and cooler temperatures in the evening
- It is advisable to bring warm clothes along for the drive even in the hot summer months.
- Comfortable clothing, walking shoes, sun hat, sun glasses & sunblock is also recommended.
- Remember to bring your camera and video camera with you
- Please note that the game drive is very bumpy and is therefore not advisable for passengers with neck- & back problems and for pregnant women
- Lions, elephants & buffalo are in a separate enclosed area
- Game sightings are NOT guaranteed