- SPCM 357: Film and Social Change
- SOC 362: Social Change
- POLS 462: Globalization, Sustainability, and Justice
- IE 472: Education for Global Peace
- MGT 410: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- HDFS 311: Adolescence/Early Adult Development in Context
- LB/JTC 456: Documentary Film as a Liberal Art
The Kwa Madwala Private Game Reserve is a 4000 hectare private wildlife reserve located in close proximity to the southern side of the famous Kruger National Park in South Africa. This Reserve is home to four of the ‘Big Five’ (lion, elephant, leopard and rhino). Guests have the opportunity to join the exciting and adventurous safaris / game drives during the morning, afternoon and night drives where a diverse variety of wildlife both big and small can be observed. Other game drives which are available to guests are: Greater Kruger, a game drive in a private concession inside of Kruger National Park as well as half day and full day games drives in Kruger National Park.
Monday, March 20, 2017
- Transfer from the ship to Cape Town International Airport
- Check-in and board your flight to Nelspruit
- Fly Cape Town to Nelspruit incl. a light snack
- (Flight details to be confirmed)
- Arrive at Kruger-Mpumalanga International Airport, collect your luggage and proceed to the waiting vehicle
- Transfer to your overnight establishment
- Check-in followed by refreshments being served
- Afternoon / sunset open vehicle game drive in the Kruger National Park accompanied by qualified English speaking game rangers. Sundowners will be served in the bush
- Return to the Lodge and freshen up before dinner is served
- Dinner will be served Kwa Madwala Lodge
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- Full day safari in Kruger National Park in open game vehicles with qualified English speaking game rangers (breakfast packs included)
- Picnic lunch served in the bush including soft drinks
- Leisure time at the resort
- Consider optional activities i.e. Game Drives, Horse Back Safaris, Walking Safaris, Spa Treatments and various other day trips (own account – assistance provided by tour guide to book excursion)
- A scrumptious dinner will be served Kwa Madwala Lodge in the Boma area (This is subject to availability and weather conditions)
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Leisurely breakfast before gathering your belongings together
- Transfer to Kruger-Mpumalanga International Airport
- Check in and board your flight to Cape Town
- Fly Nelspruit to Cape Town incl. a light snack
- (Flight details to be confirmed)
- Arrive in Cape Town, collect your luggage and proceed to the waiting vehicle
- Transfer from the airport back to the ship
- Dinner, Breakfast: Kwa Madwala Private Game Reserve
- Refreshments / Snacks will be served at the hotel
-This is a malaria region.
-The contents and order of activities in this program are subject to change by the lodge management without prior notice. These may be changed due to prevailing weather conditions and/or the movement of dangerous wildlife on the Game Reserve.
-During early morning game drives in open vehicles it can be a little cool. We recommend that guests take along a windbreaker.
-During the day, it can get extremely hot. The game drive vehicles are not covered – and guests are therefore exposed to the elements. Guests are therefore advised not to forget their sunhats, sun block, sunglasses, as well as their cameras and binoculars. Please note that the game drive vehicles traverse over uneven terrain and that the game-drives can be “bumpy”. This tour is therefore not recommended for guests with back problems.
-Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed
-Packing Suggestions: sun block, sunhat, sunglasses, beach towel, comfortable (closed-toe) walking shoes, windbreaker, swimsuits, comfortable light-weight clothing and possibly sweater and light-weight long pants for the evenings.
-Domestic travel baggage allowance: 20 kg per person; Hand luggage is 1 piece per person (8 kg).