Situated along the banks of the Sabi River, the Sabi River Sun is surrounded by magnificent scenery. In close proximity is the world-famous Kruger National Park, as well as Bourke’s Luck Potholes, God’s Window, the Blyde River Canyon, Pilgrims’ Rest and many other places of interest. The resort boasts unrivalled sporting facilities, including an 18-hole golf course, 5 swimming pools, 3 floodlit tennis courts, a bowling green, squash court, volleyball, mountain biking and river rafting (during summer). For the less energetic, there are nature walks, bird watching, sightings of the resident crocodiles or hippos, the experience of a game drive, a sight-seeing tour, or just relaxing next to the river. The Hippopotamus Restaurant offers mouth-watering breakfasts and dinners. Light snacks are available on the terrace overlooking the golf course. The Waterhole Bar is a popular venue for guests to get together and enjoy a pre-dinner drink or an after-dinner liqueur.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- Transfer from the ship to Cape Town International Airport
- Check-in and board your flight to Nelspruit
- Fly Cape Town to Nelspruit incl. a light snack
- (Flight details to be confirmed)
- Arrive at Kruger-Mpumalanga International Airport, collect your luggage and proceed to the waiting vehicle
- Transfer to your overnight establishment
- Check-in followed by refreshments being served
- Afternoon / sunset open vehicle game drive in the Kruger National Park accompanied by qualified English speaking game rangers. Sundowners will be served in the bush
- Return to your hotel and enjoy some time at leisure
- Barbeque Dinner will be served at Sabi River Sun
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Full day safari in Kruger National Park in open game vehicles with qualified English speaking game rangers (breakfast packs included)
- Picnic lunch served in the bush including soft drinks
- Leisure time at the resort.
- Consider optional activities i.e. quad biking, nature walks, abseiling, white river rafting and more (own account – assistance provided by tour guide to book excursion)
- Dinner will be served Sabi River Sun, possibly under the starry African sky, in the boma restaurant
- (This is subject to availability and weather conditions)
Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Leisurely breakfast before gathering your belongings together
- Transfer to Kruger-Mpumalanga International Airport
- Check in and board your flight to Cape Town
- Fly Nelspruit to Cape Town incl. a light snack
- (Flight details to be confirmed)
- Arrive in Cape Town, collect your luggage and proceed to the waiting vehicle
- Transfer from the airport back to the ship
-2 breakfasts, lunches, dinners
➢ The contents and order of activities in this program are subject to change by the lodge management without prior notice. These may be changed due to prevailing weather conditions and/or the movement of dangerous wildlife on the Game Reserve.
➢ This is a malaria risk area. Be sure that the necessary medication has been taken. We recommend you visit your physician prior to your visit to Kruger.
➢ During early morning game drives in open vehicles it can be a little cool. We recommend that guests take along a windbreaker.
➢ During the day, it can get extremely hot. The game drive vehicles are not covered – and guests are therefore exposed to the elements. Guests are therefore advised not to forget their sunhats, sun block, sunglasses, as well as their cameras and binoculars. Please note that the game drive vehicles traverse over uneven terrain and that the game-drives can be “bumpy”. This tour is therefore not recommended for guests with back problems.
➢ This tour is suitable for guests with walking disabilities, providing that a ship’s escort or spouse accompanies them.
➢ Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed
➢ Packing Suggestions: sun block, sunhat, sunglasses, beach towel, comfortable (closed-toe) walking shoes, windbreaker, swimsuits, comfortable light-weight clothing and possibly sweater and light-weight long pants for the evenings.
➢ Domestic travel baggage allowance: 20 kg per person; Hand luggage is 1 piece per person (8 kg).