- GR 330: Urban Geography
This program is ideal for those one who would like to have a leisurely trip exploring Mekong Delta. Nestled along the bank of the Tien River, the Mekong Lodge is a charming eco-resort where design, comfort and nature are blended seamlessly together with a beautiful swimming pool. During the stay, you will have wonderful culinary experiences like enjoying a delicious meal with Vietnamese traditional dishes, partaking in a Vietnamese cooking class, or take 10-km bike ride along village paths passing wooden ferries, local sampan boat to visit the Cai Be Commune with handicraft villages, Cai Be market on land and passing by the place that may vendor boats usually gathering together to make Cai Be floating market.
Sunday, February 12, 2017
- Depart Saigon port for the drive to Cai Be town (Approx. 2.5 hrs)
- Arrive at Cai Be from Ho Chi Minh city, greeting at Cai Be harbor and transfer to the lodge for check-in. Take rest in room or walk around the resort.
- Lunch is served in the nice restaurant with the Vietnamese day-menu.
- Afternoon biking visit to the homes & nearby communes passing wooden ferries.
- Late afternoon/early evening: participate in cooking class and enjoy your cooking for dinner.
- Dinner then free for the rest of evening to enjoy the Lodge’s swimming pool
- Overnight at Mekong Lodge / Bungalow (Subject to change)
Monday, February 13, 2017
- Breakfast in the restaurant.
- Take boat transfer to Cai Be market (on land), and walking to nearby handicraft villages, randomly visit local houses.
- Return to the lodge for check out
- Boat transfer to Cai Be harbor and catch your bus back to Ho Chi Minh. Lunch at local restaurant to be served en-route
- Arrive Nha Rong Port
1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
-Casual wear should cover shoulder and knees for temple visiting
-Hat, sunscreen, bug spray is recommended