Semester at Sea Global Ambassador Program
Did you love your experience with Semester at Sea? Do you want to help Spread the word about our program to more students on your campus? Become a Global Ambassador with SAS!
Global Ambassadors are outstanding and articulate SAS student alumni who possess a strong desire to spread the mission, vision, and value of Semester at Sea on their college or university campus. Through innovation and creativity, each ambassador keeps their story of SAS alive and invites others to embark on their own voyage of discovery with SAS.
About the Global Ambassador Program
A Global Ambassador is an active voluntary member of the SAS alumni community. As such, an ambassador is a storyteller–combining the mission and key messages of SAS with personal experiences–allowing the most relevant perspectives about the program to be told. Promoting the program and telling your story can take many forms. Here are a few examples:
There are three ways you can be involved with the SAS Global Ambassador program:
Engagement Global Ambassador
Share your experience and answer questions from prospective voyages in your are (region, state, school specific)
Outreach Global Ambassador
Contribute to our social media presence by engaging with Semester at Sea posts and sharing with your network about your voyage experience
Connection Global Ambassador
Be the face of Semester at Sea by holding on campus or virtual events independently or with your Regional Director. Represent the program and share your experiences with prospective students
As a Global Ambassador, you will be part of a program structured intentionally to be mutually beneficial. Some benefits include:
- Letter of Recommendation upon successful completion of program
- Stay actively involved in the Semester at Sea community
- Be able to share voyage experiences in a meaningful way
- Gain skills and experience in public speaking, event planning, outreach, writing, marketing, and communications
Becoming a Global Ambassador
All student alumni who meet the following criteria may apply to become Global Ambassadors.
- You love talking about Semester at Sea and want to engage with future students
- Be able to work as part of a virtual supportive network, taking initiative and have an ability to work well with autonomy
- Hold a minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- No outstanding balance with SAS
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate at your home institution