Study Abroad and make the World Your Campus!
What is Semester at Sea?
With the world as its classroom and more than 55 years of experience, Semester at Sea integrates multiple-country study, interdisciplinary coursework and hands-on field experience for meaningful engagement in the global community.
Over a 100-day voyage on a shipboard campus, students are offered a wide variety of coursework from 20 – 25 fields of study that are integrated with relevant field classes in up to a dozen countries, allowing for an experiential, comparative education that is truly global.
On average, each voyage travels:
- 10-12 destinations
- 4 continents
- 20,000-25,000 nautical miles
- 100-105 days
Where do we sail?
Next Voyage: Fall 2019
Fall 2019 Voyage: Poland, Kiel Canal Transit, Portugal, Spain, Croatia, Morocco, Ghana, Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago, Panama Canal Transit, Ecuador, Costa Rica
Who Can Apply?
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at an accredited college/university (domestic or international)
- Students must have completed at least one full term at the post-secondary level
- Students must demonstrate at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing
- Students must have their school’s judicial affairs office complete a disciplinary clearance form at the time of application
- Students must demonstrate their writing skills in a 300-500 word essay as indicated on the application
Are you interested in Semester at Sea but not quite ready to apply? Let us know and one of our admission counselors will answer any questions you might have.