Request Study Abroad Information!
With the world as its classroom and more than 55 years of experience, Semester at Sea integrates multiple-country study, interdisciplinary coursework and hands-on field experience for meaningful engagement in the global community.
Over a 100-day voyage on a shipboard campus, students are offered a wide variety of coursework from 20 – 25 fields of study that are integrated with relevant field classes in up to a dozen countries, allowing for an experiential, comparative education that is truly global. Students can earn 12-15 academic credits from Colorado State University during the voyage.
Are you interested in Semester at Sea but not quite ready to apply? Let us know and one of our admission counselors will answer any questions you might have.
Where do we sail?
On average, each voyage travels to 10+ destinations, 2-4 continents, 20,000-25,000 nautical miles, for a 100+ day voyage.
- Fall 2022 Voyage: Spain, Greece, Suez Canal Transit, Jordan, Oman, India, Malaysia, Vietnam, China, Japan, South Korea
- Spring 2023 Voyage: Japan, South Korea, Japan, China, Vietnam, Malaysia, India, Oman, Jordan, Suez Canal Transit, Greece, Spain, Germany
Day in the Life of a College or Gap Year Student at Semester at Sea
What is Semester at Sea?
Gap Year after high school? Semester at Sea
End of 2018 Fall Voyage | Semester at Sea with Muna
3 Ways to Travel with Semester at Sea
Sea Olympics on Semester at Sea with Spring 2020
One second a day on Semester at Sea
What is it like to go to school on a ship?
What are the Sea Olympics?
How to make Study abroad and Semester at Sea affordable
Study Aboard Adventure with Semester at Sea
125th Voyage of Semester at Sea Embarks in Germany - Fall 2018
Traditional Undergraduate Admission Requirements:
- Enrolled full-time in a degree-granting institution
- Completed at least 12 credits at the post-secondary level
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 2.5
- If below a 2.5, additional evidence of academic support may be requested to review an application holistically, such as an academic explanation and an academic letter of recommendation
- In good academic standing and not of disciplinary probation at time of embarkation
Check out the Current Voyage Blog!
Poland COVID-19 policies indicate that arriving cruise ships must report zero COVID+ cases. As this is not a scenario we can guarantee, we will be replacing our port stop in […]
Pre-arrival testing in Spain on February 19 revealed a total of 18 COVID-19 positive passengers, and one Influenza A case aboard the MV World Odyssey. As a result, we were […]
ISE President and CEO, Dr. Scott Marshall shares an update on the Spring 2022 Voyage COVID-19 cases, and recently increased transmission mitigation strategies in order to ensure successful completion of […]