Lifelong Learner Experience
The SAS Lifelong Learning Program provides adult learners with an opportunity to join the SAS academic community. Lifelong learners are participants including retirees, professionals on leave, or simply adventurous travelers who desire to study with bright, enthusiastic undergraduate students from around the world.
Lifelong learners participate in undergraduate courses, attend field excursions, serve as mentors to undergraduates, conduct seminars in their respective areas of expertise, and add a valuable generational element to classroom discussions.
Spring 2018 Destinations
EMBARK: San Diego, CA, United States
DESTINATIONS: Hawaii, United States, Japan, China, Việt Nam, Burma, India, Mauritius, South Africa, Ghana, Morocco
DISEMBARK: Hamburg, Germany
Why travel with Semester at Sea as a Lifelong Learner?
- Opportunity to travel to multiple countries in 100 days in an educational, shipboard environment
- Learn and grow with an exceptional academic study abroad program
- Participate in in-country programs that highlight cultural aspects of a country
- Travel, live, and learn in a community with like-minded people who are interested in exploring the world
- Be part of an Extended Family with undergraduate students
- Participate in Semester at Sea traditions
- Mentor students, share stories, and make learning a lifelong priority
- Explore landmarks and cultural icons, interact with locals, and be immersed in cultures
The cost of the voyages is dependent upon room style preference and other programming or events that are of interest. Lifelong Learners have the option to choose from six different cabin styles for the extent of the voyage. Other amenities are also included with the cost.
- Travel to Destinations
- Access to Courses & Field Classes
Frequently Asked Questions
What learning opportunities are there for lifelong learners on Semester at Sea?
Lifelong learners are welcome to participate in undergraduate courses and their associated field classes. Additional enrichment opportunities include the Lifelong Learner Seminar, Explorer Seminars, Pre-Port Sessions, On-Arrival Diplomatic Briefings, Post-Port Reflections, and the In-country Program.
Curious about an upcoming voyage?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.