Continue your SAS Journey as a Youth Trustee!
Semester at Sea is seeking applicants for a Youth Trustee to join the Institute for Shipboard Education’s Board of Trustees.
About the Position
The Youth Trustee position was created by members of the Board of Trustees in order to utilize recent voyagers in representing the unique needs of current Semester at Sea students. As a Youth Trustee, you will be a voting member of the Board of Trustees, will attend all regular trustee meetings (three per year), and will be entrusted with serving as the voice of Semester at Sea’s diverse shipboard community.
- Must have sailed on Semester at Sea within the last four years
- Must be available to travel and attend three trustee meetings per year in the continental U.S. Travel expenses (airfare and hotel) for the Youth Trustee are provided through a generous gift from the Board of Trustees
- Demonstrate a commitment to furthering the mission of Semester at Sea
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with social media trends and popular platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Hands-on experience promoting DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) within an institutional setting
If you are interested in applying for this role, please complete the application below by August 1.
If you would like to nominate a student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the student’s full name, contact information, and a brief description of why you think they would serve well in this position. Nomination Deadline: August 1, 2022.