Study Abroad Admissions Spring 2022 Voyage
Traditional Undergraduate Student Requirements
Semester at Sea requires students to meet our standards to cultivate a learning experience worthy of traveling the world. We welcome students of any sex, gender identity, race, disability status, veteran status, nationality, or ethnicity, to apply for admission. Please take a moment to review what we are looking for in a student.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at an accredited 2- or 4-year college/university (domestic or international)
- Students must have completed at least 12 credits at the post-secondary level
- Students must demonstrate a 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing, although in some cases, additional evidence of academic support may be requested to review an application holistically. Such as an Academic Explanation and an Academic Action Plan
- Students may not be on disciplinary probation at time of embarkation
- Student essay is optional
- An unofficial copy of university transcripts from current or most recent college or university
- Students must have their school’s judicial affairs office complete a disciplinary clearance form post admission
Non-Traditional Student Requirements
SAS Admission in 5 Steps!
Traditional Undergraduate student can earn Semester at Sea Admission in 5 easy steps!
Apply Online Here.
SAS operates on a rolling admission basis; therefore, there are no set application deadlines. However, we recommend applying as early as possible. A completed application includes an optional 300-500 word essay and a non-refundable application fee of $50.
In order to learn more about our future voyagers, we need a few extra documents to review your application.
-All college-level transcripts
-A disciplinary clearance form completed by your school’s judicial affairs office.
-An academic letter of recommendation (optional)
Get Admitted and Pay your Deposit!
Whohooo! Once’e you’ve earned admission, you’ll need to pay your $1,000 deposit in order to secure your cabin for the voyage. The deposit is considered the first payment towards your voyage and will be applied to your program fees. A full refund of the deposit is available up until the posted final payment deadline (~90 days) for your voyage.
Semester at Sea awards over $5 million in financial aid each year. As a non-profit, we rely on donations from generous alumni and friends in order to provide grants and scholarships for eligible students. Explore here.
Official voyage prep begins 5 months prior to your voyage set-sail sail date. Until then, you can start connecting with future voyagers and with SAS alumni on social media! Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using #semesteratsea.