The 2018-2019 Homecoming Voyage was a huge success with more than 300 shipmates hailing from voyages ranging between 1964-2018. Guests boarded the MV World Odyssey on December 28 in San Diego, CA and traveled to Ensenada, Mexico for one day of field programs and independent travel. The countdown to New Year’s Eve took place at sea and the celebration lasted all through the night! Between the Lucky Devils providing the best dance party in the Union and DJ L3opard mixing tunes outside the Fritz Bar and Lounge, voyagers rang in 2019 with a bang. During the days at sea, guests attended academic lectures on a variety of topics including:
- Ode to Oikos: Searching for Solutions in Seas of Uncertainty (Dr. Levi Lewis)
- CNN at Sea: The Millennium Voyage Revisited (Dave Timko and Charles Tsai, see episodes here)
- Defining Moments of SAS Through the Decades (Dr. Les McCabe)
- Confessions of a Reality TV Producer (Jonathan Murray)
- Mentorship in the Workplace (Charu Sharma)
…and more! Guests were also treated to fitness classes, live music, movie screenings, and special events including the 20-year reunion of Semester at Sea: Road Rules from the Spring 1999 Voyage. It was an unforgettable event and Semester at Sea is grateful to those who attended.
Happy New Year!