The only difficult thing about making a list of South African wonders is limiting it to ten.
- Table Mountain ‚Äì visible from everywhere in Cape Town, including the MV Explorer‚Äôs berth, this natural wonder presented amazing views from above, and a lovely backdrop from below.
- Boulder‚Äôs Beach ‚Äì penguins.¬† Enough said.
- The Garden Route ‚Äì from Addo National Park to Tsitsikamma, a lovely seaside route featuring a vast array of plants and wildlife
- The food ‚Äì Cape Malay dishes, biltong, seafood, braai, and even ostrich and¬† crocodile for the more adventurous
- The flora ‚Äì spanning multiple biomes, South Africa features some of the most diverse plant life in the world.
- The fauna ‚Äì from dassey on Table Mountain to the Big Five on safari, participants had the opportunity to view and interact with a multitude of animals.
- Township visits- from cooking classes to homestays to soccer games, the local people opened their homes and hearts to us, and we will be forever grateful.
- The V&A Waterfront ‚Äì one of Cape Town‚Äôs ‚ÄúBig Six‚Äù and home to the MV Explorer for our stay, the waterfront was a wonder of live entertainment, amazing meals and craft shops
- Robben Island ‚Äì a historical and social landmark, and a destination of many Semester at Sea participants
- The people ‚Äì welcoming, warm, and proud of their lovely country, we could not have asked for better hosts.
Until next time, South Africa‚Ä¶